Welcome to the Powerbookspinoy Forum.

books you'd still get a hard copy of even if there's an ebook version here

guys, i was recently at powerbooks (the store, which is my absolute favorite store everr) trying to browse titles thinking of the next book to get when i could not make a decision at all cuz i feel like each title there has an ebook version already and one way or the other it's gonna end up here anyway.

i came out of the store empty handed and sad coz buying a new book is one of the things i look forward to. but i feel like ive soo many ebooks from here already than i could possibly read and i dunno if the book version imma get is gonna be worth my buck, with the recession and all

so what are the books that you recommend getting a hard copy of?

i'll start:
    cuelho books, esp. eleven minutes which is my absolute favorite cuelho book.
    a close second would be the pilgrimage, also by cuelho which is a very loooooooooooong book but is very philosophical in a good way

i'll think of more..
    if you think i look good, well guess what? i taste even better

Re: books you'd still get a hard copy of even if there's an ebook version here

There's no question about mine, since I already got them.

J.R. Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I have all six copies, except for the insider's guide and the latest one Lover Avenged.
    <br /><br />Stop animal abuse.

Lord of the Rings
    The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.

LOTR definately!

and recently i got "the dragon tattoo girl" "the girl who played with fire"

Veteran Member

Pugad Baboy

I'll come back if I think of another one.

Veteran Member

ha. i always get a copy of McNaught's book (it's my guilty pleasure ). and erm, Beerkada at Kikomachine Komix!!!
    Professional People Watcher

yup. i too bought "perfect".

and also "devils bride" by S. Laurens

now on look out for "bet me" by jeniffer cruise

well... since i already started collecting the books by Jayne Ann Krentz (including those written as Amanda Quick, Stephanie James, Jayne Castle, etc.) since I was in college, I will be compelled to buy her new books just to complete the collection.

i also love Nora Robert's books (including those by JD Robb), but my sis-n-law already has a collection of her books, so I just pop-up at her house if ever there's a new book out.

been waiting for the paperback of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to come out. I actually have the ebook copy but would rather get my hands on the real thing. so, no, i still haven't finished the Harry Potter series

All of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Nalini Singh, JR Ward, Jacquelyn Frank; Stephanie Laurens (Cynster), Suzanne Enoch, Lisa Kleypas; Meg Cabot, JD Robb...

That would be Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.. I own all books in Hardcover and at least 2 copies of eacht titel in paperback to take with me as i travel.. Awesome series and cannot wait till november when the next part will be published!

blobbie

Sidney Sheldon's books - even though I already read it way back in high school and bought all his books in college but were borrowed by friends and classmates and were not returned. I have ebooks already but I'll still buy the hard copies.

Red face Hi Guys!

Any books na maganda basahin?
    Honestly hindi ako bookie, pero I want to try.

all the ebooks that I have...

yeah, it's kinda sound crazy but I really want to have all the hard copies of my books and then display it to my (another dream) mini library...I mean, whenever I am surrounded with books...it feels like heaven lol...but really, it makes me feel happy and satisfied...